Friday, April 1, 2011

Shopping day!

I'm lucky to live in a neighborhood with an awesome natural food store and bulk bins. My husband and I headed there after dinner on day 1 to see if we could pick up some foods that would be safe for me over the next 30 days.

Things I was happy to find: safe pasta (made from corn and quinoa!), chocolate without soy lecithin (but this required a lot of digging and label reading), quinoa flour, Bobs Red Mill oats (not contaminated with wheat). I also found a chocolate corn cereal (think corn-based cocoa puffs) that is safe!

Then we headed to the regular grocery store and stocked up on veggies, string cheese, a safe ranch dressing for dipping, canned beans and corn, polenta, and Haagen Dazs chocolate ice cream--which was the only one I could find without vanilla or soy lecithin in it. Ah well, I will have to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment