Monday, April 11, 2011

Diet Coke Break?

As I've embarked on this allergen-free diet, the husband and I have been puzzled by a lingering mystery...

Although most of my allergy symptoms seem to have cleared up significantly, I have still been getting a rash on my torso most nights after dinner. The weird thing is I typically eat last night's leftovers for lunch the next day, and I wasn't getting an afternoon leftovers rash so it couldn't have been the food itself.

We've been stumped. Until yesterday (Sunday) I got a rash in the afternoon again--and it suddenly hit me that the common denominator is my daily Diet Coke. I allow myself one diet coke a day, and that diet coke typically comes with dinner, but on weekends (like yesterday) I sometimes have one in the afternoon. Then bingo, an afternoon rash.

So add one more No to my list. Aspartame. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment