Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Collecting saliva from a chihuahua

That's my big plan for tonight.

Got a hot date tomorrow with Dr. Beverly Hills Allergist, and I'm supposed to come with a syringe-full of Toby saliva and a thimble-sized chunk of Toby hair in tow. I have a feeling these samples will be made into a tincture which can be injected into my back to see how much I swell. Good times.

It's an interesting thought experiment though. What happens if I'm violently allergic to my dog?

I'm 100% sure that in my case nothing would change. Maybe I'd wash him more, change the sheets more often, things like that. But there's no way this dog is going anywhere. Probably not even out of the bed at night. He brings too much joy to my life, and he'd be absolutely sullen if he weren't allowed to snuggle with me at night. I couldn't do that to him (nor would I want to). How could I resist this face?

Elena_CloseBackgroundPortrait

But I suppose it's still worth knowing--if not for this dog than for dog decisions in the future.

Here's hoping I'm only allergic to cats!

3 comments:

  1. I want to squeeze that dog really bad. (A good squeeze though. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's cute but racist. I may need to know your DNA test results before I can allow this.

    ReplyDelete