Monday, May 2, 2011

So it's been 30 days!

When I first got this diagnosis, I didn't think I could get through a single day without all these foods. Now I've more or less made it through 30 days--though not without a few accidental exposures along the way.

I'm at a point where I can start doing food challenges, because when I have a reaction it's totally obvious--I break out in a rash within an hour or two, and my under-eye circles return.

So far, I've discovered that eggs and potatoes are probably not ok, but that rice sometimes is. And that red wine is definitely ok (yay!).

I'm off zyrtec almost entirely--choosing to take it only if I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time (or if I'm spending a week in allergen mecca Northern California like I am this week). But it's cool that zyrtec is a choice now instead of a necessity.

I know more about avoiding food allergens than my (former) allergist seems to.

And I've been able to go out to meals, be social, have a life, and eat really well. Better than I ever imagined.

Thanks everyone for the support! On to the next 30 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment